Vitamin C and Zinc are a very important and effective duo while it comes to boosting immunity and strengthening our immune system.
How is Vitamin C important for Immunity?
Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) is one of the most important nutrients for our health. Daily consumption of foods rich in Vitamin C strengthen immunity, which helps our body fight against diseases. Apart from this, it helps in strengthening the blood vessels of the body. Cholesterol levels can also be kept under control with the regular use of Vitamin C. However, many people struggle due to a deficiency of this vitamin. Therefore, to meet its deficiency, we have to take this vitamin through foods. Let us know about the benefits of Vitamin C, as well as what should be consumed to meet its deficiency.
Vitamin C is water-soluble and is found in fruits and vegetables such as oranges, strawberries, kiwis, broccoli and spinach. Vitamin C is believed to strengthen the immune system and help fight infections. The deficiency of vitamin C causes scurvy. Let us know why Vitamin C is necessary for the body.
Benefits of Vitamin C
- Important for the immune system
This vitamin is considered very beneficial for increasing immunity power. Vitamin C strengthens the immunity power of your body, due to which the body remains infection-free. Vitamin C must be consumed by people with a weak immune system. It is considered very important for a strong immune system.
- Moisturizes the skin
In winter, the skin starts getting dry, for which people use moisturizer, but if you do not consume vitamin C, then this problem can trouble you in every season. Vitamin C helps keep your skin soft by retaining moisture.
- Protects the skin from sunlight
A contaminated environment damages the body and skin in many ways. First of all, it has a side effect on the skin itself. Your skin can also be damaged by the harmful rays coming from the sun. The DNA gets damaged due to photochemical reaction. In such a situation, Vitamin C can help us to get relief from all these problems.
- Makes Bones Also Strong
Vitamin C works to keep bones healthy. Its sufficient quantity corrects the disorders related to the bone and strengthens it. It increases the consumption of calcium, the most important nutrient for bones.
- Rich in Antioxidants
The benefit of Vitamin C is that it is rich in antioxidants which are very beneficial for our body. Antioxidants can help fight stress and everyday discomfort. Taking the right amount in an antioxidant diet can provide relief from the problems of old age. Antioxidants are present in all the things in which vitamin C is found.
How Zinc is important for immunity?
Zinc is considered very essential for the body. It is a metal found in nature that is beneficial for human beings. Often a person has to face many problems due to zinc deficiency. Many people are advised to take zinc-containing tablets due to excessive deficiency but should be taken only with the advice of the doctor. Excess zinc deficiency hurts the human body, so everyone needs to know why zinc is important for our body. However, zinc can be easily replenished through a variety of foods. For this, you should know which foods are high in zinc. Let us tell you in detail about the benefits of zinc through this article.
Zinc supports many functions in the human body. Along with strengthening the body’s immune system, it enables the body to make proteins and DNA. It is essential for wound healing, growth of children, blood clotting, thyroid, appetite, reproduction, maintaining taste and smell.
We should consume this mineral regularly. Since zinc is not produced in our body, eating zinc-rich foods and supplements can make up for the intake of this mineral. Let us know what benefits zinc brings to our body and how we can get it.
Benefits of Zinc
- Benefits of Regulating the immune system – Zinc is very important for the human body to activate T lymphocytes (T cells). T cells are important to the body in many ways.
- To fight infected cells or cancer cells – A deficiency in the amount of zinc in the body can seriously affect the functions of the immune system. According to a study, “The chances of getting various diseases are very high in people with zinc deficiency.”
- Treating acne with zinc-rich foods – Research shows that people with acne have lower levels of zinc in their blood and skin. Zinc sulphate supplementation gives highly effective results for the treatment of acne.
- Benefits of Zinc in Diarrhoea – According to the World Health Organization, every year out of 5 million children, about 1.6 million children die due to a very serious condition due to diarrhoea. Zinc tablets help reduce diarrhoea. Regular intake of zinc tablets for 10 days plays an effective role in the treatment of diarrhoea and also helps in preventing the condition from recurring in future.
- Pregnancy aids- Zinc is one of the most important ingredients needed by pregnant women. This is because zinc is essential for the proper growth and development of the foetus. Zinc adequacy indicates that the chances of a woman delivering a preterm baby are reduced.
- Prevents Osteoporosis- Getting a fair amount of zinc regularly can also help prevent osteoporosis and this is especially the case for women who have already experienced menopause. If reports are to be believed, consuming small amounts of zinc can lead to low bone density. Zinc helps reduce bone loss in postmenopausal women.